After the racing being called off at Ironbridge, a large contingent of Minerva rowers were up early and ready to head down into the South West in the hunt for more trophies. The week leading up to the regatta had been good, a lull in the otherwise awful summer weather of 2012 and everything was going in favour of the regatta - until the day before. Suddenly the weather maps were lit up with red warnings for Devon and it was a waiting game to see if racing would still be on.
The call came through at 6am on the Saturday to say that the river had risen by nearly 2 metres and would be unsafe to row, leaving a bunch of slightly soggy rowers to head back to bed. Whilst the regatta has been rescheduled for August the search for racing continues.