Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Ruth's coxing success at Cambridge

Hi,

Just thought I would send you a quick note to update you on my rowing exploits.

As I am sure you know, I trialled with the Lightweight Mens squad for coxing. I carried on trialling and managed to get the Blue boat! This means that I will be racing next weekend at The Henley Boat Race against Oxford lightweights. Sorry I have only just told you, been a really crazy term, getting up at 5am 5 days a week meant I was pretty hectic (and quite tired). Just want to say a quick thanks to Minerva, especially Arnold, as without you I would never be in this situation. I have been wearing my Minerva cap with pride!
Doing lightweights is amazing, takes up a lot of time and it sometimes manages to kill my social life, but is so much fun. Which isn't going to stop as next term we will be training for BUCS Regatta, Henley and hopefully a trip to China!

Hope all is well at Minerva, hopefully see you in the not too distant future, am off back to Henley tomorrow, after 1 day at home,

Ruth

1 comment:

Gary said...

Awesome Ruth!! Exceptionally well done! Good luck and all the best!

Gary